Hello everyone…its time to know about some goods habits which can help you to rejuvenate your life. You all must follow all of them to change your life but it doesn’t mean you have to follow these habits at once. You can take them one by one in your routine. So let’s not waste time and come to know them.
1) Music – Try a musical listening habit to make you feel good because according to research, some music leads to the release of dopamine, a chemical in the brain that can help you feel better and happier; often beautiful music, that causes an emotional reaction. Songs such as “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy have been proven. Further, research has also found that listening to music from the late baroque period changes the brain to support attention and memory.
2) Transition and refresh – try getting into a good habit that will allow you to transition between tasks. Reset your thinking and consider the timeline for your next activity. Your brain needs a break to rest and come back with full focus. Shut your eyes for a few seconds, go for a glass of water or for a short walk. Do this every 20 minutes.
3) Help others – Helping others always gives you great rewards so why not help at least one other person today by stepping in and offering assistance and your own time to help.
4) Mood change – Why not look at old pictures daily or find a favourite picture you can refer to that will provide a boost to your mood. This is worthwhile because research has proven that our mood rises positively after viewing old ‘picture memories’, making us feel 11% better. This finding far outstripped the mood enhancements from chocolate snacks, sipping an alcoholic drink or watching TV. Sorry to announce this!
5) New experiences – And how about trying a variety of experiences as a habit as we are more likely to retain positive emotions and minimise negative ones, than people who have fewer experiences. Something you learn and share could have a positive impact on another person. Having new experiences is refreshing and keeps your mind active, so build that good habit!
6) Read good words – Reading quotations can create changes to your thinking. A great habit! For example here’s a quotation from Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor from 161 to 180: “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking”.
7) Oatmeal for health – for your list of healthy habits try gaining a morning boost to help you better cope with your day. As a carbohydrate oatmeal enables your body to send an amino acid called tryptophan into your brain to trigger the manufacture of serotonin.
8) Happiness – Scientists have found that putting your facial muscles in a “configuration typical of a given emotion produces that feeling”, as it changes your brain chemistry. So try smiling deliberately now for 30 seconds and see how it makes you feel. Creating this habit will change you.
9) Making progress – During a study of motivation at work, it was found that one of the most powerful causes of happiness in work was feeling like you’re moving forward and making meaningful progress. So, try this…before you start your workday, write down three very small things you will get done. Do them immediately and cross them off your list to start your working day. Then acknowledge that you made progress. As a habit, you’ll become more productive, procrastinate less and achieve more. Another good habit for sure!
10) Talking to others – A listening habit! It has been found that self-disclosure or talking about ‘what you want’ results in pleasurable feelings and motivational states. This is true as relatively higher levels of activation in areas of the medial prefrontal cortex (MPFC) are generally associated with these improved feelings and rewards. Therefore, if you want the other person to feel happier and better about themselves listen to them more!