We all have a bad habit or two we could stand to lose, but habits are hard to break. Whether your bad habit is procrastinating, overspending, swearing, or any other one you want to change, here are ten tips to break free of negative behavior patterns.
- Fine Yourself for Each Offense.
- Understand What Triggers Your Bad Habits.
- Go Slow and Make Tiny Changes.
- Spend a Month Thinking About Your Habit before Taking Action.
- Remind Your Future Self About Avoiding
- Coach Yourself Out Of Bad Habits.
- Change Your Environment.
- Do a Review When You Have a Bad Habit Relapse
Remind Your Future Self About Avoiding Bad Habits
Even with the best intentions, we fall into bad habits when our willpower fades. You might promise only to have two drinks when going out with friends, for example, but forget that promise completely as soon as you step into the bar.
Read Also: Importance of motivation
Coach Yourself Out of Bad Habits
Lifehacker alum Adam Dachis used a webcam to know his bad habits, recording why he wanted to break them every day and effectively coaching himself to stop nail biting and doing other bad habits. It might seem a little strange at first, but it could work for you too.
Hope you guys will follow these steps to get rid of your bad habits and stand by your conviction to be a better person.Good Luck!